Heartland CPAs is a CPA firm located in Winnipeg providing a full range of services for small and medium-sized businesses. We are currently looking for a Tax Manager to join our team.
The successful applicant will be a motivated individual with previous public practice experience. They will be detail-oriented, highly organized, have strong analytical skills, have the ability to work under strict deadlines and have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Research and analysis of a wide variety of tax issues, including assistance with structuring of domestic and international investments
- Estate and trust planning
- Preparation of corporate, partnership, trust and personal tax returns
- Preparation of draft technical memos to file, instruction letters to legal counsel and client reporting letters to be reviewed by senior staff members
- Preparation of income tax models
- Reviewing corporate and personal tax returns
- Interacting with clients and other team members
- Assisting senior staff members in all aspects of corporate tax initiatives
- CPA designation
- Minimum of 4 to 5 years of public practice experience with ideally a minimum of 2 to 3 years of tax experience
- Enrollment or completion of the CICA/CPA In-depth Tax program
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and manage multiple assignments in an organized manner
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to deliver the full cycle of project management accountabilities
- Experienced with project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations, project profitability and team leadership
- Ability to anticipate the long-term impact of all decisions and take a broad approach to problem solving
- Professional development program
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Flexible work/life balance with no mandatory overtime
- Highly collaborative team
- Beautiful new office space in the Clarion Hotel near Polo Park
A working knowledge of CaseWare and Jazzit will be an asset.
Thank you in advance for your interest. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.